On Sunday, Jason was ordained a Deacon. It's hard to believe that he is that old! We got him a suit for his 12th birthday and he looked really nice. It only made us think about the mission he will go on in 7 years - I know that he will be 19 then, but I'm just not ready to think about it! After his ordination after church, all of the family met at the town building for lunch. Gary's brothers Jeff and Mike, with his wife Joan and their 3 kids, were able to come down to Grandpa & Grandma Morgan's home on Saturday afternoon. We are so glad that they were able to join us for this special occasion. Our family, my parents, Aaron, Rebecca and their family, Gary's parents, Paul, Teresa and their family, and Mike, Joan and their family, and Jeff were all to lunch and the ordination. It was so nice. Thanks to everyone for coming!
Sunday night, we had a small little party with my parents and we celebrated Jason, Emily, & Kate's birthdays together and my parents gave them their gifts. Kari was trying so hard not to cry or feel bad (she's the only kid in the family that doesn't have a birthday in our "birthday week") so she got to open a couple of "un-birthday" gifts. (I know -- she's COMPLETELY spoiled!!) Emily's birthday was on Monday, so after the guys "de-horned" calves, we had another celebration that night for her and Gary's family got to come over for cake & ice cream.
My parents left on Tuesday morning and no matter how old I get, I still cry a little. I am so happy for the visit and I can't wait to see them again! Thanks for coming, Mom & Dad!
Of course, Afton's birthday was on Wednesday and Kate's birthday was on Friday, so we continued on with the celebrations. Although, I must say, I cannot wait until Kate would like something else besides cake to celebrate her birthday. Maybe next year, she'll want a "birthday lasagna" :) Here are a few pictures from our family visit:
Here are pictures of Jason in his new suit:

This is a picture of Jason with Grandpa & Grandma Morgan.
This is a picture of Gary and his brothers with his parents.
(Paul, Jeff, Marilyn, Afton, Mike, and Gary).
A picture of my parents with all but 1 grandchild.
(Emily, Daniel, Kate, Jason, Grandma holding Sarah,
Grandpa holding Kari, and Josh)
Grandpa & Grandma Phil with Jason, Emily, Kate & Kari.

3 comments:
Susan,
Thanks for posting pictures! Your parents look the same! What a wonderful occasion!
By the way, what is "de-horning" It sounds painful.
Amyjoy
It was a good weekend! It was so fun having my parents and brother here!
"De-horning" isn't as bad as it sounds - the guys snip the horns off of calves so they don't have horns when they're older. It's really just a "drudge" job!
"Birthday Lasagna" haha!
Post a Comment