Monday, June 29, 2009

Girls Camp

June 18th was the beginning of our Treasure Seekers Young Women's Girls Camp. Since I'm in the presidency, I got to go! I'm not the big camper, but I sure had a fun time. I think the girls had a lot of fun, too! We camped at City Creek in Junction which is only 15 miles away from our house. I will admit that I came home every night, but I did enjoy being with the girls every day. It rained all day the first day of camp and it was SO cold that we froze all day and night. The second day was such a beautiful day which made it nice for the hikes. We left the morning of the third day which was a good thing because that afternoon we had a huge downpour!! Each ward had a value color and we chose Divine Nature so our camp name was the "Divine Treasures". I enjoyed all the time we spent together and loved the testimony meeting. I am so lucky to be in Young Women's and I love all of these girls!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss Young Womens....not girls camp though! It's funny to me to read your posts about the weather and how y'all are freezing when it's been over a 100 for days and days!

Tyree Family said...

That's the way I like to camp too. In my own bed! Love reading your posts.

Miss Schear said...

Girl's Camp was never my favorite thing to get ready for...but I missed it this year. Sounds like you all had a great time though!