Kate showed up from the pumpkin patch with the most interesting pumpkin. How do we put it nicely? It is just plain ugly! The kids on the bus kept asking her why she picked that pumpkin and when we got home from school, I asked her the same thing. This is what she said (in her own words):
"I was walking and walking all around the pumpkin patch. There were pumpkins everywhere, but I wanted to get a big one. I was walking and walking and then I saw this pumpkin. It was all by itself - all alone - on a pile of dirt. There were no more pumpkins around it - just dirt where all the other pumpkins used to be. It looked so lonely and I just know it wanted me to take it home. So I just said, this is my pumpkin and I took it home. Now it won't be alone any more."
Here is a picture of Kate's "Charlie Brown" Pumpkin:

1 comment:
Kate has a heart of gold! (orange in this case!) You are so awesome Kate for picking the pumpkin that everyone else walked by. That is a wonderful attitude/outlook to carry throughout your life! We love you Kate!
Post a Comment