Friday, April 23, 2010

2010 Spelling Bee (and yes...we are still alive!)

Okay, YES we are still alive!! I have been more than terrible in updating my blog. It seems that I got so far behind that to catch up seemed undaunting. SO....I'm going to start today and perhaps work forward and backwards...well...at least forward! So, here's the post for today:

Today was the 2010 Circleville Elementary Spelling Bee. Jason took 1st last year and placed in the years before so Emily really wanted to do the same. Since Jason moved to the high school, Emily felt that this was her chance. She placed 5th last year and wanted a trophy so bad this time. We kept telling her that it was okay if she misspelled a word - at least she would've tried.

Well the words came and went, came and went, and came and went. When there were 4 students left, she was given the word "velocity." She spelled it with an "o" instead of an "e". But, she placed 4th place and received a trophy, certificate, and money! We are SO proud of her! We love her so much and we are thrilled that she worked hard learning her words. After all the pictures were taken, she said "Mom, I can't believe I said "o" instead of "e". I will never forget that word again!"

We love you, Emily! Here are a few pictures of the Spelling Bee:
Emily as participant #45
Emily spelling one of her words.
Emily and the other winners of the Spelling Bee. (Mason, Anthony, Riter, and Emily)
Emily and her 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Dalton
Our little 4th place Spelling Bee winner!!

1 comment:

Jeff n Jill said...

Yeah Emily for getting 4th Place in the Spelling Bee!! That is awesome! I am so proud of you!

Yeah Susan for updating your blog!! That is awesome! I am so proud of you!