Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Orange...really?!?

Now, most of my friends know that I don't like orange. In fact, I pretty much despise it! No doubt it's due to the fact that I'm a Texas A&M graduate and Aggie Maroon is definitely one of my favorite colors! (There are no "Longhorns" here!) We don't have anything in our home that's orange and the kids (and Gary and I) never wear orange either. Orange is only allowed at Halloween and at the deer hunt (I want to make sure they're seen when we go hunting with Gary!)
So.....it's close to Mother's Day and the local paper has a contest. Kids draw a picture of their mom and submit it to the paper. They judge them and pick a few winners. Our elememtary school classes passed out the papers and my three little girls drew pictures of me.

Here's Emily's:
Here's Kate's:
And here's Kari's:
Do you think I have a rebel on my hands??? The teachers at the school just couldn't wait to show this to me!
I definitely love my little Kari -
even if she does color me orange!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, atleast it looks like your horns (hair) have been sawed off! BTW...glad you are updating again!