Happy Birthday, Mom! Yes, Grandma Phil is my MOM. And, NO, her name isn't Phil - it's just what the kids call her. Kate told her teacher, Mrs. Riddle, that it was her Grandma Phil's birthday. "Grandpa Phil?" she asked. "No, GRANDMA PHIL," Kate answered. Kate said they discussed the subject for a minute and, as Kate put it, "Mrs. Riddle looked a little confused."
For journaling purposes, I am just going to go over the "Grandma Phil" name story. My dad's name is Phil. When Jason was little, he called him "Grandpa Phil". He didn't really have a name for my mom - just Grandma. One day, Jason and I were in the store getting a card for Mom. I told him to pick out a special card for Grandma. He picked up a card and said that he wanted to give it to "Grandma Phil." I said, "Who?" He said, "You know, Grandma Phil - the grandma that lives with Grandpa Phil!" Well -- the name stuck. She is now known as Grandma Phil. I think she actually likes it!
But, on her birthday, I just wanted to tell my mom that I love her. I appreciate all that she has done for me and all that she still does for me and my family. She is a good example of the mother I hope I am.
I love you, Mom. Happy Birthday!!
Here is a picture of the kids singing "Happy Birthday" to Grandma Phil this morning.

1 comment:
Yes, Happy Birthday Elizabeth! I hope all is well for you. It is fun to be back in contact with all your kids through their blogs.
Amyjoy
Post a Comment