For instance, every morning while we wait for the bus to pick her up, she and I sit on the 4th stair (because she is 4 years-old) and sing songs or read books. Her favorite songs are "3 little pumpkins" (or 4 depending on the day) and "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus". I am not allowed to sing songs with her. She covers my mouth with her hand and says, "It's my turn to sing" while nodding her head up and down to see if I understand. Only when I say okay, she removes her hand. Yesterday's version of "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" (yes, we are still singing Christmas songs) went like this:
"I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus - Daddy would be mad at you!
Underneath the mistletoe last night.
She didn't hear me creep, down the stairs to take a peek - I am really quiet (eyes got big and she nodded).
She thought that I was tucked down in my bedroom fast asleep - with my blanket, huh?"
Then the bus came, so we didn't get to finish this version...
When the bus comes to get her, it doesn't matter if I have scraped the sidewalk or not, she walks in the piles of snow next to the sidewalk.
Kari usually likes to put the hood of her coat over her head (unless she thinks her hair will get messed up) because she likes her ears to stay "warum".
When she gets home from school, she sits down on the stairs again and unloads her backpack.
Every Tuesday, Kari has dance. Being the 3rd girl, we have a lot of dance recital outfits. Well, she just can't wear dance class clothes to dance - she has to wear one of the old dance recital outfits along with the hair pieces. This is what she wore last Tuesday (she told me to take a picture and "don't forget the back of me") 
Today she told me to get her a drink. I said, "I didn't hear a nice word..." She replied, "Please and thank you with a cherry on top."
I can't believe how big she's getting! One thing is for sure - we can't imagine our lives without her!

1 comment:
That was a sweet post, Susan!
Post a Comment