Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Family Visits

What a great Labor Day Weekend we had! There were two baptisms is our family. Gary's brother Mike's son, Connor, and my brother Aaron's son, Matthew. My parents, sister & brother-in-law flew into Salt Lake City from Dallas for Matthew's baptism. We weren't able to leave for Clinton until late Friday afternoon, so my family all met Saturday morning. After all the hugs and kisses, Gary took Jason and Emily with him back down to Orem for Connor's baptism. Gary and the kids said that the baptism was great and they really enjoyed visiting with cousins and other family members. Matthew's baptism was wonderful, too, and Kate, Kari, and I loved visiting with my family. Later that afternoon, Gary, Jason, & Emily came back up to Aaron & Rebecca's house. The kids loved playing with their cousins (they especially loved Rock Band). It was really nice to have my whole family together even if it was just for a couple of days! We left for home Sunday morning and my parents got to come down, too. Now...you may wonder why there are no pictures of all the FUN times we had during my parents visit...well - they were SICK the whole time!! :) Unfortunately, my parents caught a bug or something so they spent most of the time coughing and hacking and sleeping. Although I do feel bad that they were sick, I think that they should have to make up the time lost with another visit really soon!! (By the way, my Dad did manage to fix our back door from sticking, so I guess the visit wasn't a total loss!) Thanks to all our families for a wonderful weekend! Here is the one and only picture I took as my parents were getting ready to leave:

No comments: