Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Fishing Tournament



On Friday, August 1st, Jason, Gary, and Paul entered a fishing tournament. It started at 7 am and ended at 9 am. The girls and I met the boys as they pulled the boat to shore. Jason held up two fish one smaller one and one decent-sized one. He was smiling ear to ear. Jason was the only one who caught fish. Paul caught one but didn't get it in the boat. He ended up taking 3rd place in the tournament! There were about 15 teams.

On the way home, Jason rode in my car. He turned to me and said, "Mom, if it hadn't been for me, we would have lost the tournament." I said, "Probably." Jason in turn said, "No probably about it. I was the only one who caught any fish. I hate to brag and all, but it's true." He then turned to look out the window. I had to smile and everyone got a kick out of it.

Jason has decided he would like to enter every year. He had a lot of fun and can't wait for it to stop raining so he can get some more fishing in!

No comments: