Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sleepy Time

Well, I have been using this blog to be a sort of journal (to me it's easier to type here than to write in an actual book) - and there are a few things that I don't ever want to forget. So, bear with me while I have a journal moment! Kari was sooo tired Monday afternoon and I would not let her go to sleep. I would rather her go to bed early so I kept her awake ALL day. I usually put the kids to bed around 8 or 8:30 pm (I know I am a TERRIBLE mother!) and I came downstairs to get Kari and this is what I found! She even kept the crayon in her hand!

I didn't even know this Dora chair was a recliner!!

So looking at Kari Monday night made me a little sad that all my kids are growing up so fast. So, I took a picture of each of them asleep:
Each of these girls have their own room, but each night they sleep in the same bed. I hear them talking and laughing and sometimes I tell them to go to sleep. But, I know that a lot of good memories are being made!
Jason will probably DIE when he finds out that I put this picture on the blog. But -- oh well!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Susan, those are the most precious pictures ever! Thanks for reminding me how sweet our kids can be when they're sleeping...OK sometimes they're sweet when they're awake, too. By the way, I put my kids to bed at the same time as you do and I try my very best to keep Hannah awake during the day! I don't think you are a bad mom for trying to stay sane!

Josh & Jamie said...

Time really flies when you have kids. Mine are still young, but they are growing so fast. I must be even more terrible because my boys go to bed at 7.