Yep -- that's what we heard at Kari's Preschool Graduation today! She was telling everyone what she wanted to be when she grew up - "a mom & a ooker." Gary looked at me and said, "What did she say?" I said, "I don't know." But, of course, we feared the worse! We just knew it couldn't be what we thought she'd said! Thank goodness at the end of every one's declaration of what they wanted to be when they grew up, Miss Terecea clarified what she'd said -- "a cooker." Whew!!
Today my little baby graduated from Preschool. I know I shouldn't be teary and that I should be glad that we're moving forward with grade school, but it did make me a little nostalgic. The preschool program was cute. The kids started off saying the Pledge of Allegiance and singing the National Anthem. They said a few nursery rhymes and sang a few songs. They each told everyone what they wanted to be. The principal passed out diplomas, we posed for pictures, we made sure to take the tassel off the cap to bring home, then we left the school. Kari's very last day of preschool! She can't wait to start Kindergarten next year and I have to admit, it will be nice to have 5 1/2 hours all to myself! Congratulations, Kari!
Kari on the morning of Preschool Graduation.
Kari's last time being picked up by the school bus.
Miss Kathy announcing her name.
Singing a song.
Kari declaring that she wanted to be "a mom & a ooker" when she grew up. Afterward, she told me she wanted to be a cooker just like me!
Singing another song.
Kari receiving her diploma.
Kari's Preschool Class
Kari with Miss Terecea
Posing with Miss Kathy
Kari and her cousin Gavin
Kari with her diploma.

No comments:
Post a Comment