Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year! Sunday only reminded me that I have the best kids in the whole world! I enjoy all the little homemade trinkets that my kids make. I'm thankful for all their teachers who help them make these cute gifts. I want my kids to know that I am indeed thankful that they are mine - I love them SO much! Take a look at my Mother's Day "haul!"

Kari provided the boot and her preschool provided the cute little flower to go inside of it! What a darling idea!
Kate made a cute little beaded keychain. I immediately put the car keys on it. Kate, I love it!!
Emily made a washer necklace for me at school. (She's wearing it in this picture) It was so beautiful and I loved wearing it to church. She also made this cute sign at Achievement Day the Wednesday before Mother's Day and her great Achievement Day Leader brought it to the house Saturday night so I could see it Sunday morning. Thanks Emily!

Jason made me this Mother's Day card at school. It was a Mother's Day Alphabet Card where each letter represented something about me. I've read it over and over and laugh everytime I read it. It is so sweet!

This is Kari's flower garden she made for me on Sunday. It consisted of cups of water filled with grass, wood chips, leaves, dirt, and a bunch of other things. So cute!!

This is the gift from Primary. It took a lot of time to do and it is SO sweet!!

Thanks for making my Mother's Day extra special!
*******
Just a note to my mom: Thanks for everything, Mom! I am so happy and lucky to have you as my mother. I didn't realize how much work a mother did until I became one. I wouldn't change being a mother for anything and it only makes me respect you more. You are a good example to me and are always there when I need you. You are a wonderful mother and grandmother. Even though we don't live nearby, you always make it a point to let the kids know you love them. They love you lots and can't wait to see you again. I can't wait to see you again either and I just want you to know that I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
*******
A note to my mother-in-law: Thanks, Marilyn, for being a good grandmother to Jason, Emily, Kate, & Kari. They love spending time with you and are always excited to go to your house. You are so sweet to them and they love you so much. Thanks for raising Gary to be a wonderful man, husband and father. I couldn't have married into a better family! I appreciate everything you do for us. I love you, too. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: