The first day of school was on August 19th. The kids were pretty excited to go back to school and see their new teachers and all of their friends. (Jason said he wasn't glad at all to get back to school, but I think he was just a little happy!)
This year, Jason started the 6th grade. He is one of the "big fish" at the school now. Our elementary goes through 6th grade and he will start high school next year. Emily started 3rd grade, Kate started 1st grade, and Kari will begin her last year of Preschool on September 2
nd. Kari was quite disappointed the morning of the first day of school. She said that she was ready to go to school, too. So, I took her picture with the rest of the kids that morning (yep --that's her in her pajamas with her new backpack!)
Later that morning, Kari came walking down the stairs with a big purse on her shoulders. I asked Kari if she missed the kids. She looked right at me and said, "Nope." Then she opened her purse and pulled out Emily's new barbie and Kate's littlest pet shop animals. Needless to say, she had a great morning!!
The kids loved their teachers and I think it will be a pretty good year for all of them!

No comments:
Post a Comment