Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grandpa Phil's Visit

We were lucky enough to have Grandpa Phil come for a visit. He came to our home the day before my birthday and stayed for a few days! We all had a nice visit!!

Between "experiments", we took a drive through Fish Lake and over to Richfield and we got to go fishing twice. On Wednesday, August 27th, we went fishing at Anderson Meadow in the mountains above Circleville. It was so beautiful up there! Kari caught the first fish and I am sure that everyone within a 5 mile radius heard her screaming with excitement. She jumped up and down and said, "I caught a fish! I caught a fish!" I caught the second one and Jason caught the third one. We then grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on a small charcoal grill that we took up there. I'm pretty sure that we stopped fishing right before the fishing got really good!

The next night, we went fishing below the dam at the Piute Resevoir. Dad got a lot of bites, but they never seemed to make it on shore!! It was a lot of fun for our family and the kids are still talking about it.

We enjoyed the visit and I'm just waiting for the re-match on the Wii Billiards game. I just know I can beat Dad now!

We sure miss Mom and Dad and can't wait to see them again at Aaron and Rebecca's baby blessing.

No comments: